Academic & Professional Career
Qualifications, Appointments and Memberships
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, University of Malaga, 1995.
- Member of the Cardiology Service Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga, since 1997.
- Research Fellow, Cardiology Department, Mount Sinai Medical Center (USA), 2001.
- Specialist in Cardiology, 2002.
- Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery, University of Malaga, 2005.
- Coordinator of the Marfan Unit, Cardiology Department, Virgen de la Victoria University Hospital, Malaga, since 2009.
- Coordinator of the Marfan Unit, Xanit International Hospital, since 2009.
- Director of the Cardiology Service Clinical Area, Xanit International Hospital, since 2009.
- Actively participating member of the Sociedad Española de Cardiología and the European Society of Cardiology.
- Tutor of Cardiology Service EIR (Specialist Trainees), University of Malaga, since 2007.
- Lecturer in training programmes of the IAVANTE Foundation: Courses on Electrocardiography in Emergencies, Echocardiography and Teacher Training in Electrogardiography since 2007.
- Clinical Tutor at the Medical Faculty, University of Malaga, since 2008.
- Lecturer in Anatomy, Anatomy Department , University of Malaga, since 2011.
- Head of Studies and Chairman of the Hospital Clínico Universitario Virgen de la Victoria Teaching Commission since 2016.
Research and Main Publications
- Author of reference books such as Ecocardiografía or Guía Esencial de Ecocardiografía, among others, published by Editorial Médica Panamericana.
- Associate Editor of the cardiovascular diseases journal Cardiocore and peer reviewer of several medical journals (Revista Española de Cardiología, European Journal of Echocardiography, Journal of American Association of Echocardiography, among others).
- Various publications in international medical journals and speaker at international cardiology conferences, principally on the subjects of echocardiography and valve disease.
- Coordinator of website projects on Marfan Syndrome (Canal Marfan) and the Instituto Cardiotecnológico Andaluz, websites developed by Stílogo.